The Spring 2019 Blair Crew season begins on Monday, February 25, and continues until Monday, May 19 (please see the complete Spring season schedule). Water practices will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30 to approximately 6:30 pm at Bladensburg Waterfront Park, with roundtrip bus transportation provided to and from Blair High School (estimated arrival at Blair 7:00 pm). Land practices will take place Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 pm at Blair High School (room TBA). All water and land practices are mandatory.
Regattas will take place primarily on weekends. Blair crew is currently scheduled to participate in five regattas (April 6, April 13, April 27 or 28, May 5 and May 16 – 18)
All rowers must complete the Spring Blair Crew Registration process before they will be allowed to practice with the team.
Spring Season fees are $900. When registering, this cost can be paid in one lump sum or split into three equal payments. Blair Crew is committed to supporting access to crew, for all interested athletes. We have limited funds for partial scholarships. Please contact Lucy Shivan (firstname.lastname@example.org ), for more information
February 22, 2019
How to Register
There are multiple steps in the registration process. Please review and complete the following.
All rowers must:
- Rowers and their parents and guardians must review and sign the Blair Crew Rower’s Contract, which sets forth the expectations for team behavior, including no smoking, vaping or use of alcohol or drugs.
- Complete and sign the Blair Crew Spring 2019 Liability Waiver.
- Join, renew or confirm they have a current USRowing Basic Memberships, at https://membership.usrowing.org. Watch the USRowing video for step-by-step instructions on creating a new account, accessing an existing account, or confirming current status and renewing if necessary. Be sure that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School club code GN7H6.
- Complete the USRowing Release of Liability Waiver, or confirm that it is current. This can also be completed at USRowing.org. Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on accessing your account to confirm current status and renew if necessary. Information on how to sign the USRowing waiver starts about 40 seconds into the video.
Returning rowers, who participated in Fall 2018 season:
- Complete this short registration form.
- Complete a full or partial payment for the spring season through the Blair Crew Store. After submitting a registration form, you will be taken to the Blair Crew Store where you can pay a registration fee via PayPal. You will have the option of paying in full, or paying in three equal installments
New rowers and non-Fall 2018 season participants:
- Rowers and their parents and guardians must review the Montgomery Blair Crew Rowers and Families Handbook and the Safety Manual.
- Complete all parts of the online Blair Crew Registration Form.
- Complete a full or partial payment for the spring season through the Blair Crew Store. After submitting a complete registration form, you will be taken to the Blair Crew Store where you can pay a registration fee via PayPal. You will have the option of paying in full, or paying in three equal installments.
- While in the Blair Crew Store, purchase the required uniform for your rower, if he or she does not have a uniform from 2017/18, or Fall 2018. Shorts and tank are required for all rowers, wicking hat is optional.
AND THAT’S IT! You are done– just make sure you have completed all steps!
Questions? Contact the Registration Coordinator: Deirdre O’Connor at email@example.com. If you have problems with the forms or links please contact Michael Blain at firstname.lastname@example.org.