The Fall 2019 Blair Crew season begins on Thursday, Sept. 5 and continues until Monday, Nov. 4 (here’s the complete Fall Season schedule). Water practices will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30 to approximately 6:30 pm at Bladensburg Waterfront Park, with roundtrip bus transportation provided to and from Blair High School (estimated arrival at Blair 7:00 pm). We will not have land practices this fall, but rest assured, we’ll start them back up for the Winter/Spring. All water practices are mandatory.
Regattas will take place primarily on weekends. Blair crew is currently scheduling Fall regattas.
All rowers must complete the registration process before they will be allowed to practice with the team.
Fall Season fees are $750. When registering, this cost can be paid in one lump sum or split into three equal payments. Blair Crew is committed to supporting access to crew, for all interested athletes. We have limited funds for partial scholarships. Please contact Lucy Shivan (firstname.lastname@example.org ), for more information
- Returning rowers: Sept. 3
- New rowers: Sept. 13
- Rower meeting: Sept. 4, 3:30-4:30pm, Blair HS Portable #10
- Parents meeting: Sept. 5, 7:30-8:30, Blair HS Portable #10 (rowers welcome after practice – pizza to be served!)
How to Register
There are multiple steps in the registration process. Please review and complete the following.
All rowers must:
- Rowers and their parents and guardians must review and sign the Blair Crew Rower’s Contract, which sets forth the expectations for team behavior, including no smoking, vaping or use of alcohol or drugs.
- Complete and sign the Blair Crew Liability Waiver.
- Join, renew or confirm they have a current USRowing Basic Memberships, at https://membership.usrowing.org. Watch the USRowing video for step-by-step instructions on creating a new account, accessing an existing account, or confirming current status and renewing if necessary. Be sure that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School club code GN7H6.
- Complete the USRowing Release of Liability Waiver, or confirm that it is current. This can also be completed at USRowing.org. Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on accessing your account to confirm current status and renew if necessary. Information on how to sign the USRowing waiver starts about 40 seconds into the video.
Returning rowers, who participated in previous season:
- Complete this short registration form.
- Complete a full or partial payment through the Blair Crew Store. After submitting a registration form, you will be taken to the Blair Crew Store where you can pay a registration fee via PayPal. You will have the option of paying in full, or paying in three equal installments
New rowers and those who did not participate in the previous season:
- Rowers and their parents and guardians must review the Montgomery Blair Crew Rowers and Families Handbook and the Safety Manual.
- Complete all parts of the online Blair Crew Registration Form.
- Complete a full or partial payment through the Blair Crew Store. After submitting a complete registration form, you will be taken to the Blair Crew Store where you can pay a registration fee via PayPal. You will have the option of paying in full, or paying in three equal installments.
- While in the Blair Crew Store, purchase the required uniform for your rower, if he or she does not have a uniform from the previous year. Shorts and tank are required for all rowers, wicking hat is optional.
AND THAT’S IT! You are done– just make sure you have completed all steps!
Questions? Contact the Registration Coordinator: Deirdre O’Connor at email@example.com. If you have problems with the forms or links please contact Tim Haverland at firstname.lastname@example.org.