The Fall 2018 Blair Crew season begins on Tuesday, September 4, and continues until November 5 (please see the complete Fall season schedule). Water practices will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30 to approximately 6:30 pm at Bladensburg Waterfront Park, with roundtrip bus transportation provided to and from Blair High School (estimated arrival at Blair 6:45 pm). Land practices will take place Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 pm at Blair High School (room TBA). Regattas will also take place on weekends. PLEASE NOTE: All water and land practices are mandatory.
All returning and new rowers must complete the full Fall Blair Crew Registration process before they will be allowed to practice with the team.
PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE STEPS IN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
If you have already completed steps 1-4 below, you can go straight to the Registration Form to sign up and pay for the Fall 2018 season.
Parents and Rowers are strongly urged to attend the following meetings:
Tuesday, Sept. 4
|Montgomery Blair High School
Wednesday, Sept. 5
|Montgomery Blair High School
|Returning Rowers||Novice Rowers|
|August 31||September 14|
How to Register
To register for Blair Crew, parents and guardians (for rowers under 18) and all rowers must review and complete the following steps. Please use the links below to access and complete the requisite registration steps.
- Review the Montgomery Blair Crew Rowers and Families Handbook and the Safety Manual.
- Complete and sign the online Blair Crew Release and Waiver of Liability. THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN FOR ALL ROWERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
- Review the Blair Crew Rower’s Contract, which sets forth the expectations for team behavior, including no use of alcohol or drugs. On the Registration Form, parents and rowers must attest that they have read and agree to the contract terms.
- Make sure that the rower has a current USRowing Basic Membership and a current Release of Liability Waiver. USRowing Memberships are good for 365 days and can be extended for another year beginning three months prior to expiration. Liability Waivers are good for each calendar year. No one can participate in regattas without a current USRowing membership and current signed waiver. For rowers under age 18, a parent or guardian must complete the waiver. There is a $9.75 fee for joining or renewing. Rowers should keep a record of their USRowing ID number and password for this and future registrations.
a. If you are a returning rower, and your membership has been renewed within the last 12 months and will be valid through November 2018, then your membership is current. If the rower participated in the Blair Crew Spring 2018 season, then a parent or guardian should have completed the 2018 USRowing liability waiver, and that also should be current. You can determine whether the membership and waiver status are current, and that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School, by going to the USRowing website, https://membership.usrowing.org, going to Edit Profile under Members on the “Individuals” side of the page, then entering your USRowing ID number and password. If the membership and waiver are current and the affiliation is correct, skip to step 5. Otherwise, go to step b.
b. If you are a returning rower but your membership has not been renewed in the last 12 months and/or your parent or guardian has not executed a 2018 Calendar Year liability waiver, please update your membership and/or waiver by going to the USRowing website, https://membership.usrowing.org. First, renew the membership if it is not current or will expire during the Spring season. On the “Individuals” side of the page, under Members, click on Renew/Upgrade, and enter the USRowing ID and password. If you don’t remember them, use one of the links on the Login screen. Make sure that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School. If not, click the Join Organization button, enter “Montgomery Blair High School” as the organization name, and enter “GN7H6” for the club code. For membership type, select the Basic Membership. Click on Renew. On checkout, the site will ask for the $9.75 payment. Once the membership is current or if it is already current, fill out the waiver. Under Members, click on Waiver.
c. New rowers need to join USRowing and sign the waiver. Go to https://membership.usrowing.org. On the “Individuals” side of the page, click on Join and fill out the form. For Club or Team Name, enter “Montgomery Blair” and click on the Montgomery Blair High School selection that appears. A pop-up screen will ask for the Club Code. Enter “GN7H6”. For Membership Type, select the Basic Membership. On checkout, the site will ask for the $9.75 payment. Once the membership is complete, fill out the waiver. Under Members, click on Waiver
- Submit the Registration Form. Complete all parts of the online Blair Crew Registration Form and submit to register.
- Fee and Payment. After you submit the registration form, you will be taken to the Blair Crew Store where you can pay the Fall registration fee and purchase a uniform. The registration fee covers all of the rowers’ expenses except uniforms and fees for special regattas (e.g., Stotesbury Cup Regatta). Important note: Rowers who have not paid fees will not be allowed to participate in practices and regattas.
a. Fee. The fee for the Fall season for novices and varsity is $750 per rower.
b. Financial Assistance. Limited financial assistance is available. Please e-mail Carole Giunta at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
c. Uniforms. New rowers who did not purchase uniforms in the Fall 2017 season, must buy new uniforms at the time of registration. Uniforms will consist of a release tank, shorts and a red Blair wicking hat. The cost to purchase all three items is $95; the cost for just the release tank and shorts is $75. Lost hats will have to be replaced at full cost ($20). You can indicate uniform sizes (Women’s S, M, L, XL and Men’s S, M, L, XL) in the Blair Crew Store when you add items to your shopping cart.
d. Payment Methods. Blair Crew accepts payments through PayPal.
e. Payment Options. Blair Crew allows payment for registration in full or installment payments.
i. Full Payment Option: $750 + the cost of uniform (either $75 or $95), if applicable, will be due by the registration deadline of September 7, 2018, for returning rowers, or September 14 for novice rowers. Payment for the uniform can also be made through PayPal at the time of registration.
ii. Installment Payment Option: If you choose to pay in installments, you can pay via PayPal in three installments of $250. The initial payment will be charged upon checkout (along with any uniform items selected). The remainder will be billed via email invoices sent 30 days and 60 days after your initial payment, also payable via PayPal.
f. Refund Policy. All those who previously participated with Blair Crew in a prior Fall or Spring season are not entitled to refunds, except in exceptional circumstances. New rowers may obtain a refund of the registration fee minus $25 only if they contact the Registration Coordinator in writing by September 21, 2018. Rowers who do not get a spot on the team due to oversubscription will get a full refund.
AND THAT’S IT! You are done– just make sure you have completed all steps!
Questions? Contact the Registration Coordinator: Liz Prado at email@example.com or 240-338-8977 after 7 pm. If you have problems with the forms or links please contact Michael Blain at firstname.lastname@example.org.